Friday, October 4, 2013

Medication Adjustment

Yesterday I had an appointment with my psychiatrist.  I am very lucky to have a doctor who is as caring as she is.  She doesn't just shrug off what I tell her, she listens and asks questions, and is straight forward with me.  I told her about the problems I've been experiencing with sleeping, and about the anxiety I've been having.  She recommended that I increase the dosage of the Seroquel to help me sleep and calm me down a little bit, and start tapering down off the Celexa because it may be causing me to become manic.  Since increasing the Seroquel I slept so much better last night, and I feel a little better today.  I sat by the pool today and being out in the sun and relaxing definitely helped me.  I think this proves the importance of taking the medication and taking with your doctor about how your feeling.  Sometimes a minor adjustment in dosage can be extremely beneficial.   

No comments:

Post a Comment